5 Quotes About Color All Maximalists Will Love


Paul Gauguin

 "Color! What a deep and mysterious language, the language of dreams.

" The Takeaway: Like music, color is a language. Artists use color to express motifs and moods instead of using words to articulate them.

Hanif Willis-Abdurraqib 


 "He squints towards the dancing shrapnel of dying/ light along a rooftop and he says I love things only as they are/ and I’m sure I once did too but I can’t prove it to anyone these days and he says the end isn’t always about what dies and I know I know/ or I knew once and now I write about beautiful things/ like I will never touch a beautiful thing again and the man/ looks me in the yes and he points to the blue-orange vault/ over heaven’s gates and he says the face of everyone you miss/ is up there and I know I know I can’t see them but I know" The Takeaway: In his poem "And What Good Will Your Vanity Be When the Rapture Comes," Willis-Abdurraqib explores themes of connection, nostalgia and time passing, and the limits of human understanding through the allegory of a sunset and a man capturing its beauty camera, enhancing it his cellphone, and then sharing it on social media.

Wassily Kandinsky 


"Color is a power which directly influences the soul." The Takeaway: Color can affect people's emotions. Yellow breeds happiness. Blue has a calming effect. Red symbolizes love.

Gwendolyn Brooks


  "Remember, green's your color. You are spring." The Takeaway: In this poem, "To the Young Who Want to Die," the speaker encourages the reader to embrace the rawness of life felt in youth, both the sorrow and the joy, the pain and the pleasure.

Lilly Pulitzer 


"I am a believer that color affects people's moods." The Takeaway: This quote reiterates the correlation between color and mood. Fashion designer Lilly Pulitzer's products often feature bright colors that emanate an energetic, uplifting mood.



Abdelilah Boubchir, artist painter , owner of 
chic boost

Comments

Popular Posts